Home › Code of conduct
COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT
Version: 1, date: April 07, 2019
Alberto Carniel’s community gathers students, alumni, professors and marketing professionals of all ages who are here to learn new information, help each other and help their fellow peers. With that in mind, we ask that all members please follow these simple rules in order to create an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable.
Table of content:
1. The official language of this community is English.
2. All information and instructions given within this community is to be used at your own risk. By following or using any of this information you give up the right to hold albertocarniel.com liable for any damages.
3. All the threads are categorized by topics. Please, post your questions or messages in the appropriate thread.
4. Answers to many of the questions you may have can be found from other posts on the message boards. Please use the search functions, at the top right of each page, to find your answers. If you are still having problems, feel free to post your question.
5. All help must be provided preferably in the posts otherwise via personal message or email.
6. If a topic is posted in a thread that is not appropriate for the question, the staff has the right to move that topic to another better suited thread.
7. The posting of any copyrighted material on our website is strictly prohibited.
8. Posting links in order to generate affiliate commissions is not permitted at albertocarniel.com. Any posts that are deemed to be posted in order to generate affiliate commissions, regardless of the product being promoted, will be deleted. If a user continues to create affiliate spam posts, they will be banned.
9. There will be no use of profanity on our message boards. This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension.
10. When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from "text-message" style substitutions of words like "u" for "you", and "ur" for "your". This is a multi-national community and some of our non-English speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.
11. There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discrimination. This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension.
12. There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments.
13. Spamming is not permitted; please, keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
14. Pornography, warez or any other illegal transactions may not be linked in any shape or form.
15. If you have questions regarding specific concepts or topics, we are willing to help you. If you are looking for a complete solution, consultancy or analysis, we will most likely just delete your post. In this case, you should schedule a marketing assessment.
16. No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted and subject to the same consequences.
17. This community has the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. If this is not done in a prompt manner, the staff will delete the material themselves.
18. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the community administrators deem reasonable.
19. Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit, offensive or copyrighted.
20. Advertisements, of any sort, are not permitted. This includes member names and links to commercial sites in signatures or in posts. You also may not solicit sales through the use of promotion or coupon codes. If you would like to advertise on our site, contact us.
21. Any links in signatures or profiles cannot be commercial in nature or they will be removed by admins. You may not put links in your signature soliciting donations unless you are in certain member groups. Those member groups that are allowed will be expressly notified. If you have a personal website or off-site help resource, that is more than fine, but you cannot sell products or services through your signature. Multiple links to the same site, unless for a very specific reason, are not permitted in a signature and will be removed.
22. Avatars must be in good taste. This means no vulgar or violent images, pornography or profanity. Avatars that are found to be inappropriate will be removed at the discretion of the staff.
23. Linking to hate, anti-Semitic, racist, pornography, warez or other illegal sites is not permitted.
24. Links in your signature must be unobtrusive and cannot use formatting so that attention is brought to them.
25. Member's display names cannot be email addresses. This rule is in place to protect you from spam bots who will pick up your email address and spam you.
26. Members may have only one account on this community. There is no need to have more than one.
27. Any impersonation of a user from these threads, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
28. Linked and locked topics are pruned regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your topic went, please PM a Moderator or Administrator before starting a new topic asking where it went or posting a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location or a reason why it was locked and/or removed.
Violation of any of these rules can lead to a banning of the user from our website and a deletion of their account. The consequences will be determined by the staff on a case by case basis.
When posting you agree that the administrators and the moderators of this community have the right to modify, delete, edit or close any topic, signature, account or profile data at any time that they see fit. If you have any questions concerning this, please do not start a new thread, but rather private message to an administrator or moderator.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
MARKETING LIBRARY - FAQ
How do I upload files?
If you haven't already, make sure to become a site moderator, so you can upload files.
Upload as many as you'd like from your computer or mobile phone.
Which file formats can be uploaded?
Documents: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .odt, .odp, .pdf;
Images: .jpg, .png, .gif;
Vector Art: .svg;
Fonts: .ttf, .otf, .woff2, .woff;
Music Mini Players: MP3;
Music: WAV, FLAC, M4A, MP3;
Video (QuickTime, AVI, MP4, etc.): .avi, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpe, .mp4, .mkv, .webm, .mov, .ogv, .vob, .m4v, .3gp, .divx, .xvid.
Note: you cannot upload password-protected files.
What are the file size limits?
Vector Art: 250kb;
Music Mini Players: 50mb/MP3;
Video: 15gb per video file or 10 minutes length max.
Who can see my uploads?
Access to the file library is granted to premium site’s members, moderators and admins. Check out the site's Members page to see who is part of your community.
What happens when a file ls deleted?
When a file is deleted, it is permanently removed from the file library. Files will not be stored on the website.
Can I invite people to view files?
Easily share a link to the file library on social media or in an e-mail. Depending on the privacy settings, people may need to be approved as site members before they can view the files.
What do the “eye” and “star” icons mean?
The “eye” indicates unique views and the “star” represents the number of members who favorited a specific file or folder.